- Repealing the “Brady Bill” and “Assault Weapons Ban”;
- Withdrawing from the U.N. anti-gun initiatives and insuring that no American tax dollars are used to fund global gun control schemes such as the “Small Arms Treaty”; and
- Allowing pilots and specially-trained law enforcement personnel to carry firearms on board airplanes and in other public places.
- Dramatically reduce government spending in all departments and eliminate or combine some government departments.
- Implement an immediate hiring freeze and make a reduction and reallocation in the federal workforce and in Congressional paychecks and perks and eliminate lifetime pensions for government workers.
- Eliminate corporate, farm, and other industry subsidies.
- Stop foreign aid.
- End foreign military intervention and reduce foreign occupation.
- Use zero-based budgeting to plan for necessary expenditures one year in advance, and collect revenues based on these needs.
- Spend only revenues already in the treasury.
- Honor commitments to veterans.
- Repeal the 16th Amendment to take effect in five years (December 31, 2021), with a temporary amendment for a flat tax of ten percent on all incomes until that date. After that date, the federal government will be funded by the states. Each state will determine its own way of raising funds.
- Repeal the 17th Amendment, so state legislatures, not the public, elect Senators. This makes Senators accountable to the state legislatures. Under our current system, Senators aren’t accountable to anyone. Repeal of the amendment would return the balance of power and once again give states more representation in the U.S. Senate.
- Phase out Medicaid through attrition and a percent reduction in benefits.
- Phase out all federal entitlement programs after three (3) years, and make states and communities responsible for their own assistance programs.
- Abolish savings, investment, and death taxes.
- Limit liability suit awards.
- Allow health insurance to be sold to individuals and across state lines
- Audit, reform, or replace the Federal Reserve with appropriate currency legislation to strengthen the dollar and stabilize inflation.
- Establish a Composite Commodity Standard to value the dollar (including precious metals, grains, natural resources, stock/bond market, GNP, bit coins, foreign currencies, etc.).
- Government executives (Congressmen, Senators, Presidents, Vice Presidents and Cabinet members) should collect a salary while in office, but receive no pay when out of office. Repeal related amendments and require each individual to be responsible for their own retirement.
- All government executives (past, present, and future) should participate in Social Security and move all of their current and future congressional retirement funds immediately to the Social Security system, as long as other workers are required to contribute to the Social Security system.
- Government executives should purchase and develop their own personal retirement plans, just as other Americans do.
- Government executives should no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay should rise annually by the lower of either a Consumer Price Index (CPI) or 3%.
- Government executives should participate in the same health care system as other Americans.
- Government executives should abide by all laws imposed on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present government executives should be void effective immediately. The American people did not make this contract. The executives made these contracts with and for themselves.
- Balance the budget
- Lower or eliminate the debt ceiling
- Audit or reform the Federal Reserve
- Legalize sound money by returning to a commodity standard
- Become energy independent (see Energy below)
- Replace income tax with a 10 percent flat tax for a number of years
- Support small business development and growth.
- The key to American prosperity is to implement lower taxes, limited government, and sound money based on a commodity standard. We will thrive again when we all work together to reform taxes, spending, monetary policy and domestic relations.
Tax reform should include incentives to invest and grow companies and create jobs. Individuals and companies should be motivated to save money and purchase homes. Death and inheritance taxes and other such double taxation should be eliminated. Spending reform should include freezing non-defense and non-entitlement spending and reducing overseas military commitments while building up weapons, bases, and troops on our own soil. Monetary policy reform should include televised open market committee meetings of the Federal Reserve. All Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve should continue to make weekly information reports. Bring jobs back to the United States by supporting innovation, production and small business development. All costly and unnecessary regulations should be identified, evaluated and removed. States and municipalities should monitor, regulate and help their own citizens and businesses. Individuals and businesses need access to credit and capital through community banks, credit unions and other financial institutions to foster economic growth, serve their communities, boost small businesses and increase individual savings.
- Keeping families together for immigrant workers who were encouraged to come and work, but not given permanent status
- Lack of documentation process or immigration law enforcement for those who came or stayed illegally
- Allowing children to be born to illegal immigrants in the United States
- Federal, state and local permissive approach to addressing illegal immigration issues.
We should promote legal immigration and end illegal immigration in order to:
- Protect our citizens, economy and culture
- Prevent our country from absorbing illegal aliens
- Stop the financial drain and negative impact on our economy
- Begin receiving economic vitality and revenues from happy and productive workers.
We can achieve this by doing the following:
- Respect states’ rights and American citizens’ civil liberties.
- Promote legal immigration and punish illegal immigration.
- Secure all boarders and points of entry.
- Deport all who have criminal records.
- Establish English as the national language to insure cultural integration and loyalty to the U.S.
- Document immigrants for travel, work, and voting status.
- End all social benefits for illegal aliens.
- Grant legal work status to persons arriving and living in the U.S. prior to a specific date.
- Allow those granted legal work status three (3) years from a specific date (see #8) to apply for citizenship, behind those already legally in line.
- If those granted have not qualified for citizenship by a specific date (see #8), they will be deemed illegal aliens.
- Those arriving without proper visas on or after a specific date (see #8) will be considered illegal aliens.
We must monitor and limit legal immigration until we are ready to assimilate additional citizens into our economy, society and culture. Allowing illegal immigration will not solve world poverty nor will it enrich our nation. We can best help other countries by being a good example and teaching self-reliance and serving them of our own free will and not by government foreign aid. Let us follow Theodore Roosevelt’s challenge of 1907, “In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American and nothing but an American . . . There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag . . . We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language . . . and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”
- Juries can or should be instructed or informed of their power to nullify
- A judge may remove jurors “for cause” when they refuse to apply the law as instructed
- A judge may punish a juror for exercising the power of jury nullification
- All legal arguments, except perhaps on motions at the start of the trial to exclude evidence, should be made in the presence of the jury.
Juries were originally composed primarily of “laymen” from the local community. They provided a somewhat efficient means of dispute resolution with the benefit of supplying legitimacy and proving guilt. Over time, juries have tended to favor the “not guilty” verdict over “not proven” and with this the interpretation has changed. Now the “not guilty” verdict has become the normal verdict when a jury is convinced of innocence and the “not proven” verdict is only used when the jury is not certain of innocence or guilt. In the 21st Century, many discussions of jury nullification center on drug laws that some consider unjust either in principle or because they are seen to discriminate against certain groups. Approximately 3-4 percent of all jury trials involve nullification. A recent rise in hung juries is seen by some as being indirect evidence that juries have begun to consider the validity or fairness of the laws themselves. The Supreme Court has held that trial judges have no responsibility to inform the jury of the right to nullify laws. This decision, often cited, has led to a common practice by United States judges to penalize anyone who attempts to present a nullification argument to jurors and to declare a mistrial if such argument has been presented to them. In some states, jurors are likely to be struck from the panel during voi dire (process of choosing jurors) if they will not agree to accept as correct the rulings and instructions of the law as provided by the judge. Generally, juries are instructed to serve only as “finders of facts”, whose role it is to determine the veracity of the evidence presented, and the weight accorded to the evidence, to apply that evidence to the law and reach a verdict, but not to decide what the law is. In recent rulings, the courts have continued to prohibit informing juries about jury nullification or removing them from the jury if they understand their power to nullify. This trend is not to the benefit of liberty and justice for all.
- Serve as Commander in Chief of the armed forces
- Grant reprieves and pardons except for cases of impeachment
- Make treaties, “provided that two-thirds of the Senators present concur”
- Appoint ambassadors, ministers, Supreme Court justices and other officers
- Fill vacancies during Senate recess
- Give the State of the Union address and recommendations from time to time
- Convene one or both houses of Congress and adjourn them
- Receive ambassadors and other public ministers
- Faithfully execute the laws
- Commission all federal officials and officers of the United States
- 80+ years + sacrifice 10%
- 70-79 years + sacrifice 20%
- 60-69 years + sacrifice 40%
- 50-59 years + sacrifice 50%
- 40-49 years + sacrifice 60% w/conversion option (lump sum payment)
- 30-39 years + sacrifice 80% w/conversion option (lump sum payment)
- 20-29 years + sacrifice 90% w/conversion option (lump sum payment)
- Under 20 years sacrifice 100% w/no new Social Security or Medicare participants.
After 10 years, eliminate Social Security altogether. In the meantime, allow everyone to choose Social Security or opt out and invest the amount in their own retirement programs.
a) stop U.S. funding of the U.N.
b) eliminate diplomatic privilege and immunity to U.N. members, staff and their dependents
c) move the U.N. headquarters out of the U.S.A.
d) withdraw as a member of the U.N.
Books by Dale Christensen
Box of Dark Horse Candidate Books (soft cover 32 count) Get the message out! Pay $36.00 shipping only.
Box of Patriot's Path Books (soft cover 32 count) Get the message out! Pay $36.00 shipping only.
Book Bundle (1 Patriot's Path, 1 Dark Horse Candidate) Get the message out! Pay $8.00 shipping only.
- Campaign Donation
Dark Horse Candidate (soft cover) Get the message out! Pay $4.00 shipping only.